Movies were always the major source of our entertainment and also a very important part of our lives. But COVID 19 and lockdown due to the same turned everything into chaos. It’s been months since we have not visited theatres and also watched our favorite stars on big screens. We still remember and miss how we used to plan our weekend to grab the first day, the first show of the latest released movies. But now since OTT Platforms are the new trending and are in the limelight because filmmakers are announcing the release of their films on the same. President of The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific and chairman of, Star & Disney India, Uday Shankar stated, at a virtual press conference.
“We thought why not use the opportunity of the pandemic to create a big, alternative world of exhibition, and create a network of virtual theatres – private theatres in everybody’s homes, and that is what we are doing today,” said Shankar. “We’ve got all these illustrious actors, the flag bearers of our industry, A-class creative people who have come here with their films. People can do exactly what they’ve been doing, watch movies the first day, first show, at home.”
According to sources and updates, you’ll be really happy to know that DisneyPlusHotstar is going to entertain us for seasons. It is because there are multiple films that will premiere on DisneyPlusHotstar, between July to October in the current year 2020.
These films include:
- Laxmmi Bomb, starring Akshay Kumar and Kiara Advani, which is a remake of Tamil film Muni 2: Kanchana.
- Bhuj, starring Ajay Devgn, Sanjay Dutt, Sharad Kelkar, Ammy Virk, Sonakshi Sinha and Nora Fatehi.
- Sadak 2, starring Sanjay Dutt, Alia Bhatt, Aditya Roy Kapoor and Pooja Bhatt, which is a sequel of 1991 film Sadak.
- Dil Bechara, starring Sushant Singh Rajput, Sanjana Sanghi and Saif Ali Khan.
- The Big Bull, starring Abhishek Bachchan, Ileana D’cruz, and Ajay Devgn.
- Khuda Hafiz, starring Vidyut Jammwal and Shivaleeka Oberoi.
- Lootcase, starring Kunal Khemu and Rashil Duggal.
Many of these films are big-budget films, which were delayed and were on hold. Where Dil Bechara will be the first to premiere as it was already announced last week that this movie will be available for streaming from July 24th. Another film Bhuj is also a big project, which is also the debut film of Ammy Virk. He is already a popular face and a celebrity actor in Punjabi Cinema, but Bhuj will be the film which will mark his Bollywood debut.
We wish all these films good luck, because this is not a regular and usual thing for Indian Cinema/filmmakers to release films on OTT. Let us see how well these films will be able to do.