Things seem to be not okay at the sets of Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah as the show’s producer Asit Kumar Modi has again landed into legal trouble. Jennifer Mistry Bansiwal, who plays the role of Mrs. Roshan Sodhi in the popular sitcom, Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah has accused Modi of sexual harassment. Previously, Shailesh Lodha filed a case against the producer Asit Kumarr Modi for non-payment of dues.
Jennifer, who has been part of the popular show for the last 15 years, levels some serious allegations against the maker. Bansiwal has filed a complaint against producer Modi, Project Head Sohail Ramani, and executive producer Jatin Bajaj of alleged sexual harassment at the workplace.
ALSO READ: Tarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashma Fame Ghanshyam Nayak aka Nattu Kaka Diagnosed With Cancer
The report further states that Jennifer stopped shooting for the show two months ago and had shot her last shot on March 7. The source additionally informed that she had to leave the sets after being insulted by Sohail and executive producer Jatin Bajaj.
The actress put the light on the matter and told TOI, “Yes, I’ve left the show. It is right that I shot my last episode of Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah on March 6 this year. I had to leave the sets as I was subjected to humiliation and insult at the hands of Mr. Sohil Ramani and the other executive producer Jatin Bajaj.”
Adding to the same she called the sets of TMKOC a ‘male-chauvinistic’ place and described the incident, “On the last day, March 7 it was Holi and my anniversary. I had informed in advance that I want a half day since my daughter really looks forward to that day. She waits for Holi. I even gave them an option that just give me a two hours break, I’ll be back. They made adjustments for everyone except for me. I kept requesting them but they did not listen. They adjusted for all the male actors. It is an extremely male-chauvinistic place. That’s when I retaliated and Sohail spoke to me rudely asking me to get out almost four times. Then the creative person Jatin tried to stop my car. All this is recorded in the CCTV footage.”
Moreover, after that incident, Jennifer claimed that the makers sent her a notice stating that ‘they are losing money’ since she left the shoot midway. “I replied to them on whatsapp that I was subjected to sexual harassment, I sent a draft and they reverted to me saying I was trying to extort money from them. I decided that day, I want a public apology. I took the help of a lawyer. On April 8th, I sent a notice to Asit Modi, Sohil Ramani and Jatin Bajaj and also mailed and sent a registry to all the government authorities. I have not got any revert on the same but I am sure they must be looking into it and investigating the matter.”
While sharing more details, Jennifer claimed, “Asit Modi has made sexual advances towards me many times in the past. Initially, I ignored all his statements because of fear of losing out on work. But it is enough now I won’t take it anymore.”
ALSO READ: Deepika Padukone Goes Global Again, Features On The Cover Of TIME Magazine!
The actress also said that this wasn’t the only thing that bothered her. She also said that the creators fired her while she was pregnant and faced ‘mental and sexual harassment’ all the time.
Jennifer added, “I have given my 15 years to the show, and if I am treated like this on the set, just imagine what they must be doing to the newcomers of junior artists.”
However, the producer of the show Asit Kumar Modi or his team has not issued any statement regarding the allegations as of now.