As a part of the most romantic week of the year, Hug Day is celebrated by one and all on 12th February. It is the day when people embrace their loved ones. But we must enlighten you that it’s not only about Valentine’s Week or any romantic relationship, hugging often is important otherwise also. Hugging can be described as a handshake from the heart and it’s a simple action of embracing that creates feel-good energy for both the giver and recipient.
The reason hugs feel so good has to do with our sense of touch. It’s an extremely important sense which allows us not only to physically explore the world around us, but also to communicate with others by creating and maintaining special bonds.
There are many positive ways and benefits of gigging. Check out the list and hug more.
Study Reveals The 8 Benefits Of Hugging And Cuddling:
- Hugging decreases the level of cortisol, the stress hormone which in turn brings down blood pressure and heart rate in stressful situations. Hugging also helps in having a good night’s sleep.
- Hugging increases the level of oxytocin or feel-good chemicals in the brain which makes us happy, active, and calm.
- Hugging makes it easy to connect with another person.
- Hugging communicates that we are safe, loved, and not alone.
- Hugging reduces tension in the body by combating pain and improving blood circulation which relaxes the tense muscles.
- Hugging increases the level of natural killer cells, lymphocytes, and other immune-boosting cells which keep the immune system.
- It builds trust and a sense of safety. This helps with open and honest communication.
- According to a study, touch and hugs reduced the worry of mortality. It makes us feel safe. The study revealed that hugging alleviates the existential fear of a person.
There is one gift in this world that we can give and it feels as good as receiving. Moreover, one of the very famous thepprasit revealed, “We need 4 hugs a day for survival. We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance. We need 12 hugs a day for growth.” How many hugs are you getting each day? It’s free, quick, easy, and effective – so make sure you get your hugs each and every day.
If not enough then without giving a thought, express your love and affection to your mother, father, siblings or someone special. Embrace them with a perfect hug.