IRCC Stated International Students Can Now Apply For Another Open Work Permit In Canada

IRCC Canada

If you are an international student studying in Canada and looking forward to getting permanent residence, then this news might make you happy.

IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) recently announced their new policy for the international students who were affected by Coronavirus. They released an official statement in their recent tweet, which says,

“International students: if you have been affected by #COVID19 while in Canada and hold or held a post-graduation work permit (PGWP), you will now have the opportunity to apply for another open work permit.”

As per this new policy, the international students whose Post Graduate Work Permit has been expired or expiring soon have the opportunity to apply for another open work permit. By this, the students will get more time to gain experience to apply for Permanent Residence as the students can now stay in Canada for 18 months. 

If you; are a student who got affected by COVID 19, have a valid temporary residence, are in Canada, and your PGWP expired as on or after January 2020, then you can get the benefits of this policy by applying between January 27th, 2021 to July 27th 2021.

Share on: